Custom Creation processing, exchanges, and return informationUpdated a year ago
What is the processing timeframe?
Give us 5-7 full business days to process your Custom order. Don’t forget to add the shipping time to that, depending on your desired method of shipping. We consider business days only Monday to Friday from 8am - 5pm EST.
Please note that if you order on Friday and Monday is a holiday, then your order won’t get processed until Tuesday.
What is your exchange/return policy?
All sales of Fathead Custom Creation Orders are final and ineligible for exchanges but can be replaced if there is damage during shipping or extreme delay during shipping. Please note that processing and printing an order takes 5-7 business days and this does NOT include shipping time.
- Exchanged orders can be reprinted of the SAME exact image. No changes can be made to the print.
- No exchanges will be processed for customer errors such as low resolution, failure to respond in a timely manner to a proof request, or buyer’s remorse.
- Pictures of the defective products and of the shipping box are required.
What is your warranty period for Custom orders?
Any purchase made through www.fathead.com has a warranty period of 21 days. Please ensure you reach out to us within this period, as we would like to help you straight away. If the warranty period is exceeded, there is very little we can do and all we want is to make our customers happy!
What is copyright and why do I need to consider it when placing a Custom order?
Reproducing licensed or copyrighted images can be tricky. Because we are a licensed company, we would need permission by way of a release form to create your custom project. If you can provide a consent form for your order, please send it to our customer service team via our contact form available here. If not, the right of publicity prohibits us from creating a Fathead decal for you.
The guidelines can be best simplified as:
- If you took the photograph that you’re sending us then you own the rights. If someone else took the photograph, you need permission from that person to use the photograph for a Fathead Custom Creation.
- If you used a professional photographer he or she should be able to provide you with a release form. If you uploaded a licensed image or an image you do not own the rights to, we will not be able to produce that image as a Fathead Custom Creation.
- But that may not be all. You need to ask yourself whether or not you have permission to make a Fathead of the person or artwork in question, even if you took the photo or created the artwork. If not, the right of publicity prohibits us from creating a Fathead decal for you. If the person or artwork you want made into a Fathead is famous and you don't have that person's permission, chances are good that there's a right of publicity issue.